Friday, March 13, 2009

The Corinthian

Hello. *waves* I'm dri, just joined the Georgette Heyer Challenge. I've read quite a few of her books over the last few months and already have reviews up elsewhere which I'll post over the next few weeks so as not to clutter up the blog. Just wanted to also apologise for the brevity of this first one. I think I was sort of shellshocked with delight. But no doubt, it will be purchased and re-read and reviewed at length in the coming months.

~~~~~~



Read my first Georgette Heyer today, courtesy of the most excellent boojumlol.

Had no idea she was so scarily awesome and screamingly satirical. And since it was The Corinthian, there was the most delicious genderbending subtext. Which is, I suspect, why this particular one was lent to me as an introduction to Heyer. Although, considering the way it ended, maybe not that subtextual. *lol*

Kinda really loved it. This may well be the start of something beautiful obsessive.

No comments: