Saturday, April 4, 2009

Frederica



So I spent the evening being absolutely delighted by Frederica and so very very glad that my momentary disappointment has been proved uncharacteristic. Loved her, loved him, loved the young boys, totally gratified by the absolutely caustic humour. And oh man, how the hell does she do it? Come up with such different characters and such different scenarios time after time after --- no, I'm not going to follow that thought any further because if I do, I'll never write again.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I can't believe I didn't even think to recommend this one to you!! But I'm glad you found it on your own. It's definitely another of my favorites.

Look forward to your next review!

Jen Robinson said...

Frederica is one of my all-time favorites, too. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And hey, all, did you know that some of Heyer's books have been showing up on Audible.com? I keep buying them, not because I don't already have the books, but because I want to encourage this.

dri said...

Melissa --- believe me, you wouldn't have been the only one to rec it to me so never fear! I can't wait to buy and re-read it now ...

Heh, I just hope I don't end up trashing one of your favourite novels. :p

Jen --- Yeah, I'd find it hard to believe any Heyer fan wouldn't love Frederica.

You know it's a funny thing with audiobooks ... I always find myself taking issue with their phrasing. "Urgh, why did you emphasise that word? The emphasis is supposed to be on this word ..." Maybe I just haven't heard the good ones ... except for Neil Gaiman. He just rocks. And rules. :p

Melissa said...

Lol, Dri, I can handle it if you don't like all the same books I do. I'll just go cry in private, lol--kidding!!

If we all liked the same books it would be a boring world, wouldn't it?

:-)