Saturday, April 25, 2009

Lady Of Quality



Lady Of Quality went flat on me. Did appreciate the dynamic between the two leads and how the love story proceeded along quite straightforward lines. That was refreshing. But really there was no spark to the narrative as such, the subplots quite unexciting. And as different as the guy was in terms of his shocking bluntness, I did miss the character insight that came from so many novels beginning from the guy's point of view. I didn't feel as close to this guy as I have with the others and I missed that. I like how Heyer as a romance novelist completely flies in the face of convention with her beginnings.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that :-/ I probably have a strong attachment to this one simply because it was the first Heyer I ever read :-)

Alaine - Queen of Happy Endings said...

Hi, I would love to join and contribute. I read my first Heyer novel this year and loved it. I have now purchased several that are just waiting to be read.

Email: alaineb at bigpond dot net dot au

dri said...

Totally understandable, Melissa, I have the same thing about Friday's Child! :p

Alaine, hi! Looking forward to your reviews!